Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Cookie manager questions

Cookie manager questions

Jan Sangill

Hi,

I have a few questions in regards to the cookie manager for DW 9.4:

1) Any way to add cookies to the left side of the cookie manager (All cookies side/functional cookies) ? It seems you have to add it to the "right side". ?
2) in DW9, it seems as if you can only add custom cookies to the "safe cookies list". Am I the only one with this issue? Or is this by design?
3) The add custom cookie option is supposed to be cookies outside of Dynamicweb's world, correct?
4) if I wanted to stop custom cookies from being started, I would have to do this manually in the template correct, by checking the cookieoptinlevel - before rendering?

Hope these questions makes any sense. Any help appreciated.

//jan

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jan

You need to use the cookie manager api to get features working using the cookie manager settings. See docs here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/api/html/aa3aed73-f446-7ce0-aca0-2046b4547f11.htm

When you use the API, the cookies will show up in the manager by itself. You have to use the cookiemanager so DW can handle which cookies to set for the user choices. The add to custom does not make much sense and you should forget about it.

But to answer your questions:

@1: Yes, use the API and it will show up

@2: I can reproduce that - could be a bug - but anyways, see my desc above using the api

@3: Yes

@4: No - use the API.

Hope this helps!

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

I have some Google Analytics cookies that I want the Cookie Manager to remove if the user chooses opt-in level 0. How is that done using the API?

You must be logged in to post in the forum