Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Swift sitemap
Caro De Weze

Hi,

I have two questions about the sitemap:

• In the backend it is set that this goes to sitemap_not.xml instead of sitemap.xml. Why is this? When I search for it I also get the following error:

• I was told that it is better to use the Swift sitemap, so googlesitemap.xml. When I search for this I get a 404. Do I need to activate something for this somewhere?

Kind regards,
Caro De Weze

Replies

Brian Fredrick Ahlmann Boyles Dynamicweb Employee
Brian Fredrick Ahlmann Boyles

Let's address this in the support ticket you sent [#15337] NUS - Swift sitemap : Dynamicweb Care

Christoffer Rosendahl Frede

we have the samme issue/error in the sitemap template.

the error occurs on Dynamicweb 10 with swift installed.

Caro did you get the problem solved ?

best regards Christoffer.

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Christoffer

You should not use the sitemap template - but use the built in sitemap.xml feature that comes out of the box.

The sitemap template was made as an example that partners can use to modify the response to their liking.

Attached find a converted version of the template - the one you have is not converted from DW9 to DW10.

BR Nicolai

Christoffer Rosendahl Frede

great, where can i find info on the built in sitemap.xml feature ?

cant seem to find it.

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Christoffer

It is just there. In the screenshot above, a page is named Sitemap.xml and has that name in "Use in URL" field on the page properties. If there is a page with a URL that exists, Dynamicweb will not serve what else should be on that url.

So if you rename the "Use in URL" field of your page to "sitemap-not-in-use.xml" or similar, Dynamicweb should start serving the auto generated sitemap.xml

On website settings, you can set a couple of checkboxes: 

This will include a link to Sitemap.xml in robots.txt:

Pages will be in the auto generated sitemap if they are published and 'Show in sitemap' is enabled on the page:

To include product groups and products to the sitemap, Dynamicweb will use the URL settings of the product list page to include the correct structure as they are published on the website:

As you can see, there is also a setting to include variants in Sitemap.xml - I do not recommend enabling that - in some cases the sitemap can grow a lot, and it is usually the same content for all variants.

The above settings will create a sitemap like this:

You must be logged in to post in the forum