Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Swift installation error

Swift installation error

Cristina Santos

I have a problems with installing Dynamicweb. I have installed version 9.12.10 using the Zip file. And Swift files v1.6.1. 

The backend works, and shows the database is connected corretly, so seems like something specifically front-end related.

The frontend error:

Error executing template "Designs/Swift/_parsed/Swift_Page.parsed.cshtml"
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CompiledRazorTemplates.Dynamic.RazorEngine_4e896cd09eb841a587670666ffb0e10b.Execute() in C:\Desarrollo\dhisve\Solutions\Files\Templates\Designs\Swift\_parsed\Swift_Page.parsed.cshtml:line 10
   at RazorEngine.Templating.TemplateBase.RazorEngine.Templating.ITemplate.Run(ExecuteContext context, TextWriter reader)
   at RazorEngine.Templating.RazorEngineService.RunCompile(ITemplateKey key, TextWriter writer, Type modelType, Object model, DynamicViewBag viewBag)
   at RazorEngine.Templating.RazorEngineServiceExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<RunCompile>b__0(TextWriter writer)
   at RazorEngine.Templating.RazorEngineServiceExtensions.WithWriter(Action`1 withWriter)
   at Dynamicweb.Rendering.RazorTemplateRenderingProvider.Render(Template template)
   at Dynamicweb.Rendering.TemplateRenderingService.Render(Template template)
   at Dynamicweb.Rendering.Template.RenderRazorTemplate()

I have tried to update the dynamicweb.dll library to version 9.13.0 but got the same error. And with version 9.12.9 I get "(site url) redirected you too many times."

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

Cristina Santos

Any help?

Many thanks!

Nicolai Pedersen

It seems like you did not use the Swift database? 

It does look like that the website does not have the correct item type attached to it.

Cristina Santos

The database is the onde downloaded from this link: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/swift

And its correctly configured inside globalsettings.....

The backend loads everything correctly....

Could be any other reason?

Thank you Nicolai!

Nicolai Pedersen

There is always a reason :-).

Can you provide a link - then I can take a look.

Thanks, Nicolai

Tomas Vasiliƫnas

Hi, did you manage to solve this issue? I have the same issue with Dynamicweb 9.13.10 and Swift 1.10. Database and files were downloaded from https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/swift

Nicolai Pedersen

Can you provide the error with the stack trace? And maybe a URL - then we can have a look.

Thanks, Nicolai

Cristina Santos

I dont remember...but i think it was solved by updating dynamicweb.dll

Tomas Vasiliƫnas
This post has been marked as an answer

Thank you both for replying. We've sorted out this one with Dynamicweb support. Seems that some settings are not set straight out of the box:

After these changes it started working.

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum