Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Swift filtering vs Rapido filtering

Swift filtering vs Rapido filtering

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I am upgrading a project from Rapido to Sowft. And I am trying to use the same Index, Query, and Facets.
Everything works fine in the listing, but the filtering (Facets) is behaving differently.

Rapido URL with filtering: https://www.allmedia.sk/produkty/kotviaca-a-pripevnovacia-technika/mechanicke-kotvy?PO=4ukt0401%2C7ukt0501

Swift URL with filtering: http://swift.allmedia.dotfusion.ro/kotviaca-a-pripevnovacia-technika/mechanicke-kotvy?PageSize=36&PO=[4ukt0402%2C7ukt0502]

The first one works fine, the second one does not render any results. 

Apparently, the problem is with the square brackets. The existing query does not like the square brackets on the filtering value.

Is there any setting that I have to make in order to make it work? I would like to avoid messing up with the templates for removing the brackets.

I am using Swift 1.19 and DW 9.14.10.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Is that because you set up the filter in the index as a System.String instead of System.String[]?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Imar,

It could be that but in this case, I am using the same settings for both Rapido and Swift and one renders it without brackets and the other with brackets.

I will have to see if we have made any changes to the Facets rendering in Rapido.

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Imar,

I have checked the templates and we did indeed remove the square brackets from Rapido templates.
But this confuses me even more :)
I have checked the standard Swift setup of Parameters and Expressions and they are the same as the ones in my project. Parameters are defined as Sytem.String[] and we use "In" condition for both fields of type System.String and fields of type System.String[]. Exactly as Swift.
However, the values enclosed in brackets are not honored. And I am afraid there is a setting somewhere.

Any idea?

Thank you,
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

I believe I have found the issue. My fields are Analyzed. And they were defined before the Reference fields and because of that, it's some sort of Summary field with all values in.

That's why it needed the Analyze option.

I will probably have to refactor the data :(

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum