Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Product slider arrow visibility

Product slider arrow visibility

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

Hello!

I've been asked to report the following as a Swift display bug (v1.12.0). Despite there not being enough items in the slider to require scrolling on the current screen size, the navigation arrows still appear on hover. Reference screencast here. Product slider settings below for reference as well. Are we overlooking a setting or is this intentional/expected behavior?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

I guess it is a situation that was never part of the considerations. Why would you use a slider when there is nothing to slide?

A never version of the slider component (which we do not use yet) supports hiding the arrows (one or both) if the slider cannot slide further left and right. Enabling that on a slider instance that does not have anything to slide, should hide them.

We will add it as a feature request for later updates.

Thanks for reporting

BR Nicolai

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

Why would you use a slider when there is nothing to slide?

Agreed, haha ;) Nuno brings up a good point, though - "Because in desktop it’s wide enough not to need a slider, as viewports become narrower (i.e. a tablet or smaller desktop window) we do"

Anyway, glad to hear it'll be accounted for in future updates, thank you for the quick response!

You must be logged in to post in the forum