Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Media Table and Gallery generate error in Visual Editor on component

Media Table and Gallery generate error in Visual Editor on component

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I've noticed the Media Table generates an error when using the visual editor on a product component. When the component is added to the product detail page with a catalog app on it, the component does show the right media, and it also works in the front-end. 

Replies

Merethe Vrå Andersen Dynamicweb Employee
Merethe Vrå Andersen

Hi,

You have manually enabled the Media table and Media gallery in component edit restrictions, right?
Because they are not enabled by default in Swift (not supported by default).

I need to find out with my team if we'll support these to item types in component edit.

BR,
Merethe
QA

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi Merethe,

You are right, totally forgot about that :-) At the time I probably thougth somebody forgot to check the box. If it is not going to be supported it would be good to mention somewhere in the documentation, maybe an article describing when to (not) choose to go for components, as I think a lot of people will expect the possibilites to be the same as for a normal product detail page.

Also, it seems just to be a visual editor problem, as the component works runtime, so for the time being, a message "The editor can not be shown when on a component" would probably also be a good workaround.

Thanks,

Justin

Merethe Vrå Andersen Dynamicweb Employee
Merethe Vrå Andersen

Hi,

We have decided to support the Media table and Gallery in component edit - so the fix is out with the fix in 14208. The fix can be found on Github:
https://github.com/dynamicweb/Swift/commit/07df841d2b3620fc70d34cdff124bf3f6c5f03ca

BR,
Merethe Vrå Andersen,
QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum