Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Issues with creating variants from interface

Issues with creating variants from interface

Daniel Voicu
Daniel Voicu

Hello,

I'm having issues when creating variants from interface. I get the error from the image I've uploaded. Are you aware of it, and what should I do to fix it?

Screenshot_2022-02-09_105526.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Daniel

Can you share some more information. Which version and what are  the steps to reproduce? Is the solution integrated?

Also try to run the data health tool in monitoring to check if you have broken data.

Thanks

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

The version is 9.12.7 with Swift 1.5. The solution was upgraded from 9.9.x.

No major integration that could be related to that. I have experienced the same issue in a fresh solution with no integration.

In my other case, I have simply saved the products from the PIM section and everything went back to normal.

In this case, we only have e-commerce, no PIM.

You can try yourself on a clean solution, define new variant groups and variant options and create a new product and variants for it (in the Ecommerce section). You will notice the variants are created (simple variants) but you no longer can access the variants interface to extend them.
Could be a missing column in the database or something wrong during the update. We have run the update a few times without any luck.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

ok, thanks for clarifying.

Will ask QA to look into it.

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

it is known bug has already been fixed by task 6333 ('admin' package) on DW9.12.9, so upgrade your solution to prevent the exception.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the confirmation. We'll update.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum