Developer forum

Forum » Swift » How does Swift deal with multiple groups?

How does Swift deal with multiple groups?

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi All,

I think I have an issue caused by products being in multiple groups. Altough I must admit I am not sure.

I added an _Additional Information group, and below that a Brands folder to attach brand information to each product. 

Before I did this the product overview would show products and then click through the detail page such as https://mountainbikemuseum.net/bikes/century 

But now it generates URLS like https://mountainbikemuseum.net/&groupid=GROUP164&productid=ITEM1 resulting in a 404

Even when I set the primary group on a product, the detail URL still does not work:

Maybe someone can shed some light on when Swift will render a URL with the &groupid structure instead of a "normal" direct url, and what I should do to fix this?

Thanks!

Justin

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Justin,

All the same as before, but the problem might just be:

• Setting a PIM (not an ecommerce) group as Primary
  • In Settings > Web & HTTP > Customized URLs
    • Disable all Add-Ins
      (The URL Provider configured in the "Products" page would conflict with these one)
    • Uncheck the 404 for products not in website shop

That should get you to work.

Nuno Aguiar

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hey Nuno,

Thanks for your reply! I have not been able to get it to work yet.

What I see is that on this line in the Swift template, for some reason the link is NULL, so the result is an empty string link in the detailsPageLink:

string detailsPageLink = Dynamicweb.Context.Current.Items["DetailsPageLink"] != null ? Dynamicweb.Context.Current.Items["DetailsPageLink"].ToString() : "";

Is the details link supposed to be taken from the App setting of the Catalog App?

that is setup like this:

Thanks for your help!

Justin

You must be logged in to post in the forum