Developer forum

Forum » Swift » Feature Request - Rows Within rows

Feature Request - Rows Within rows

Martin Ottesen
Martin Ottesen

Hi DW, 

We sometimes have the need to include more rows within the same row. Often this comes up when we would like to either use a background image or video on a row, but we might want more than one element on top of this background. 

We have created a few more options for the visual editor in one of our reset solutions (dlf.com) this gives us the possibility to create more seamless layouts. I don't know if this is thought into the content components idea that you are working on, I think it might be. But I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards 
Martin Ottesen

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Martin,

We have found too the need for such situations and we have also defined multiple ways of supporting this.

But I believe that it would be very useful to have this as a standard functionality in Swift. It could solve a lot of scenarios without having to use Components.

+1

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Rows in rows is a very big change also related to DW, so it is not in scope currently.

Supporting rows that has stacked columns is possible in Swift as you have found out.

We are currently exploring a much more configurable row type where you can define it as you like.

It is a row that will specify any number of columns in any number of sizes.

I.e. 

• 4+4+4 = 1 row of 12 columns
  • 3+6+3 = 1 of 12 columns
  • 12+6+6+12 = 3 rows, first row 12 columns, second row 2 columns, third row 1 column
  • (4+4+4)+(6+4+2)+(8+4) - you get the point

This way it will be possible to more or less do whatever you want.

Votes for this answer: 1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Sounds good.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Thank you,
Adrian

Martin Ottesen
Martin Ottesen

Hi Nicolai, 

That sounds great, and I think that would solve the issues that we are encountering. 

Thank you :) 

Martin

You must be logged in to post in the forum