The carousel frontend display does not quite behave the way we would expect which has resulted in complaints across several projects. Could you please advise on a potential workaround for the issues laid out below and referenced in this screencast?
- No option to maintain image aspect ratio (or fit vs. fill) in conjunction with the Image height setting; results in images being cut off. *While best practice does suggest to not embed text into images for this very reason (not to mention accessibility), unfortunately many customers do it anyway. As a feature request, the ability to toggle between fit vs. fill or a 'maintain aspect ratio' option would be very helpful in these scenarios. See 0:35 of the linked screencast for desired behavior.
- Entire carousel partially disappears behind the header at some responsive break points. See 1:03 and 1:05 of the linked screencast.
- 0:00 - Reference image
- 0:02 - Current behavior showing #1, cropped image
- 0:16 - Backend settings
- 0:35 - Desired behavior on this site
- 0:55 - Current behavior showing #2, partial disappearance
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! :)