Developer forum

Forum » Integration » VAT rounding issues in BC

VAT rounding issues in BC

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I am using OData to send orders into BC. I got most of it working but I am now facing some rounding issues. I am sending the order line price with VAT (with the "Prices Including VAT" turned on) as the unit price for each product. The totals match but the VAT break down doesn't. It looks like DW calculates VAT per line and then sums it whereas BC calculates VAT for the entire order.

In DynamicWeb I have these VAT values on the order lines:

This totals 148.49 which matches with what the customer sees:

However, in BC I have this:

The VAT of 148.43 is 20% of the total amount of the order of 742,16 (equaling 25 DK VAT) which is different from the sum of the tax of each individual line in Dynamicweb (at 148.49).

This leads to display issues and confusion.

I believe I have seen a setting that calculates tax over the order instead of lines, or maybe I imagined that and it's for somehting else like Live Integration? What is the recommended approach here? I tried to send order and VAT totals to BC but those are readonly.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Imar

Replies

Rasmus Sanggaard Dynamicweb Employee
Rasmus Sanggaard

Hi Imar,

The price you are sending to BC is the rounded price incl. VAT and BC then calculates the total excl. VAT and total VAT and round that price in the total, but based on the already rounded unit price. 

DW calculates the total VAT based on the actua unitl price ex. VAT. 

eg. third order line, unit price 7,1 ex. VAT + VAT = 8,875. Rounded 8,88. Subtracted VAT = 7,104. 

So, either remove the "Round price calculations by currency culture" from prices in ecom settings or send the price without VAT to BC.

BR

Rasmus Sanggaard

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I tried sending them ex VAT yesterday but then I still get a rounding issue.

In DynamicWeb, the order ends up as 638,50, missing 7 cents :-(

Imar

Rasmus Sanggaard Dynamicweb Employee
Rasmus Sanggaard

Hi,

Yes, but now order line prices are correct. You need to uncheck "Round price calculations by currency culture", then we don't round on order lines and have the unrounded order lines in the database and then the totalts in BC and DW should align. 

BR

Rasmus Sanggaard

You must be logged in to post in the forum