Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Variants in liveintegration and many calls to BC

Variants in liveintegration and many calls to BC

Jan Sangill

Hi,
When calling on a productlist or a product itself that have variants - it will send a request to BC with ALL the variants on the product itself.
If you have alot of variants and are showing 15 products per page. This will take ALOT of time.
Am I missing something I need to do to avoid this issue or is there anything to be done?

Any help appreciated.

//jan

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jan

What happens if you remove the below checkbox?

Jan Sangill

Hi Nicolai ,

That would be nice, when I am doing that on a products variantpage URL, then it still calls all the other variants. But now it is calling them individually in several request instead of a big one.
Also, the actual price is not correct anymore. It is defaulting to the price of the mainproduct. Even though the variantID is sent.

I am not sure what the intended porpuses is and how it all is suppose to react when checked vs not checked in regards to variants.

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Jan,
what is your Dynamicweb version and what Live integration do you use?
When this checkbox is ON then all product variant combinations are included in the request.
BR, Dmitrij

Jan Sangill

Hi Dmitriy ,

DW 9.15.3.  Its on BC Cloud. They installed the Plugin Unit. It was in 2023. In march sometime - so cant remember the exact version they installed.

You say: "When this checkbox is ON then all product variant combinations are included in the request."
Then it is a given it will be slow.

And when it is not on? How will or should it be with variants? 

Does this help?

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Jan,
Can you upgrade Dynamicweb to the latest 9.17.6?
There were couple bug fixes related to the similar problem so it can be fixed in a newer version.

When it is  not on then only the products that are on the page are included in the request (not matter if it is a product with or without variant id)
BR, Dmitrij

Jan Sangill

I will try and update and let you know my findings.
Regards jan

You must be logged in to post in the forum