Developer forum

Forum » Integration » User configurable Integration job

User configurable Integration job

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a situation where I have defined a Data integration job that is supposed to use a file as a source for the data.

The challenge I have is that the import job can be run in parallel by multiple users. Which means that I have to use a different file every time a user wants to run the import job.

SInce I have tens of users, I cannot create dedicated jobs for each of them.

I was thinking of creating a custom Dashboard widget that would allow the user to upload a file and then run the DataIntegration job.

My question is related to how I should create the data integration job to pass the file as a parameter.

Is this even possible?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Adrian,
yes, you can specify the SourceFile in the query string of the job where the Xml provider as a source is used.
You can read more about that here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/integration/integration/delete-archive-source-files-and-url-triggered-integration-jobs.
BR, Dmitrij

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Dmitrij,

Thank you for the response. I have read that part in the meantime and I think I can use it. 

In our case though, we have a custom DataIntegrationProvider and we'll have to see how we handle this parameter in the request.

Thank you,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum