Developer forum

Forum » Integration » UpdateWithIds on product index

UpdateWithIds on product index

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

Hi

There is not much info about the UpdateWithIds out there, but I wonder if I can use it update the index with just the productids from a Data Integration activity. Since it might be difficult to understand what I want, here is a short user case

User case:
The customer have about 600.000 products. Many times a day the customer adds new products by uploading files to a folder and a Data integration activity then importing the products. After the import, we need to update the index with just the new/changed products. Can I use UpdateWithIds for that or how could this be done? 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Yes, you can do that. 

You can use Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Indexing.ProductIndexBuilderService - either call the Build or Add method to queue your products.

Or you can use a build that updates products that have changed in the past X hours - it takes care of new and changed products and also fixes products that has been updated in the UI. So maybe run that once each hour with a 1 hour update - that might be easier to use and cover more scenarios in one setup

Votes for this answer: 1

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

I actually think that with an update every hour it can solve it for us, thanks

You must be logged in to post in the forum