Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Skipping row on data integration if two fields are No

Skipping row on data integration if two fields are No

Jan Sangill

Hi,

I have a case where I need to skip the row if two fields have the flag No on them.
With conditionals this is not something I can setup.

I have tried with a tableScript and setup with using an empty mapping and setting that to something, but it seems the data sent have already been removed with the conditional.

So how can I not process a row if I need to check if two fields have the value No on them, then it needs to skip the row itself. What is the best approach?

//jan

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Jan,
you can use this idea. So in your table script you can check both fields values and then set the value for the other third "SomeColumn" which will be then used in the conditional and will skip the not needed rows.
BR, Dmitrij

Jan Sangill

Hi Dmitriy ,

I feel like I tried this approach. I set a field (third field) to "true" or "false". This third feel I then in conditionals said it needed to be true. When I did that the rows imported were zero.
That let me to believe the conditional was applied before I processed the row.
I tried debugging, and the tablescript I use - was never hit. Again I assume because the original value of that field is NOT true or false, but empty.

Does it make sense. AM I misunderstanding something mayne?:)

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Jan,
maybe that should be just a standard conditions like that, so having 2 fields not equal to "No" as the conditions are applied with "AND" operator:

BR, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum