Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Prevent jobs from running if ERP connection is down

Prevent jobs from running if ERP connection is down

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

What would be the best way to account for ERP connection availability before running a batch job? We have seen situations where running a batch job would generate some errors if the ERP endpoint is down.

Is there a standard way of handling these situations? What about a custom way? A notification or any other solution for preventing the job from running is ERP connection is down.

It may not matter but we are running on DW 9.16.10.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

That's a nice idea Adrian. I'd be interested to know if that could be achieved in either DW9 or DW10.

Typically we just let them fail and deal with the email notifications when there's, for example, scheduled maintenance in the ERP. In fact we custom developed an email notification system to overcome it (such was the noise we got), but this is a much more elegant way to solve it (if we could)

Rasmus Sanggaard Dynamicweb Employee
Rasmus Sanggaard

Hi, 

No, we don't do anything special if there is a connection error. The job will just try again when scheduled. There could be a lot of different scenarios to cover if we go down that path, and I consider it to be a nice-to-have feature. However, feel free to add it as a feature request on GitHub.

BR Rasmus Sanggaard

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Rasmus,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have added a new feature request here: https://github.com/dynamicweb/DynamicWeb/issues/41

Thank you,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum