Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Performance issues with live Integration

Performance issues with live Integration

Gheorghe Balan

Hi

One of our clients (http://matrixsales.dk/) is experiencing issues with the loading time of the pages where product prices are being displayed.

The main problem is that some page loads take two minutes, and even longer, which leads to many users simply abandoning the website before completing the purchase. 

I have been looking into the issue and I can confirm that the page loads are significantly slower for the users who are logged in because anonymous users don't see the prices.

The solution uses dymaicweb's live integration library (Dynamicweb.eCommerce.LiveIntegration.dll) in order to fetch prices from the ERP system.

My first attempt at solving the task consisted of me removing the assembly on the local copy of the project - that reduced indeed drastically the load time. For this reason I believe that the issue is related to the live integration.

When using the debug tag in relation to an authenticated user who can see prices - I can also see that a lot of calls for fetching prices are being triggered - and many of them take several seconds to complete - which adds up to minutes when more products are being displayed.

I am trying to localize the issue - so I would like to know exactly which methods in the webservice are responsible for fetching all the prices of a given product - as well as a way to measure exactly how long the operation takes ? Would it be possible to use for instance postman to fetch prices from the integration api ?

What are your suggestions ?

Br

Gheorghe

More details are available in the support case no. CAS-05964-T8K8H0 CRM:00761196

Replies

Jonas Krarup Dam

Hi,

on the ERP side, there is only one webservice method, called "Process". What happens in that method depends on the XML that's being passed to the ERP system.

As a rule, there should only be one call to the webservice for each product catalog rendering, and one call to the webservice per cart rendering. If you are seeing significantly more than that, it is likely to be the problem.

In general, there isn't much logic in the LiveIntegration dll - if there are performance issues, it is most likely to be because the ERP system is not responding fast enough. 

The live integration has the option to log requests and responses. If you activate that option, you'll get log information (including timestamps). This can be helpful in identifying if any performance issues are on the DW side or the ERP side.

If you have confirmed that you are seeing too many calls to the ERP service, I would recommend downloading the LiveIntegration project, and debug to figure out why there are multiple calls. 

Hope this helps

/Jonas

You must be logged in to post in the forum