Developer forum

Forum » Integration » NAV Import Orders

NAV Import Orders

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi,

For DW connection to NAV. Is it possible for the connector to read/import the order details back from NAV? Like shipping info and status updates?

Also we would like to be able to update the order quantity in NAV and update this back to the DW order.

Currently when we look at the xml for GetOrders from NAV it just returns empty. In the documentation this feature seems to be limited to AX & Finance and Operations, but not sure if this can also be done in NAV.

Regards, Jon.

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Jon,

there is no equal GetOrders request in NAV codeunit. But there is something a bit similar, it is used in the Integration customer center,
so you can query the order list of type "OpenOrder" which is SalesHeader in NAV:
<GetList type="OpenOrder" customerID="20000"></GetList>
and then for each order you can get its details by calling the request:
<GetItem type="OpenOrder" customerID="20000"  documentNO="SF11598"></GetItem>
You can read more about Integration customer center requests here:
https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-framework-2/requests-responses#sideNavTitle1-3-2
and
https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-framework-2/integration-customer-center#sideNavTitle1-2

If that is not suitable then maybe you can try to implement your own request/response in the NAV codeunit.

BR, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi Dmitrij,

Thanks. Very helpful. I missed that one. I will have a look and see what info I can get from that xml request.

Is it possible to get the source code for the NAV codeunit if we want to make updates?

Regards, Jon.

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Yes, it is available on the doc site in the Integration Downloads section in the same archive together with a fob file
BR, Dmitrij

You must be logged in to post in the forum