Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Multible customer numbers on one user and Live Integration

Multible customer numbers on one user and Live Integration

Marie Louise Veigert

Hi,

We have a customer who is importing users to their Dynamicweb solution.
The users live in Navision with same email but can have multible customer numbers.

As of right now the username is the email, which gives issues when we launch more websites with login on the new Swift solution.

Fx with user:

Website 1

email: testuser@email.com
customerNumber: 123A

Website 2

email: testuser@email.com
customerNumber: 123B

They would like the same user to have both customer numbers assigned.

My issue is now following:

We have liveprices and use IntegrationCustomerCenter in Swift (and propably more). Both uses out of the box Customer Number.
If I import to the same user none of these will work. (123A,123B)

I have thought of these solutions:

1) Are there a workaround, so the customer can use the same user, but with all the customer numbers, and I can hook into the integration and decide which is to be used on which website?

3) A workaround to allow users in different groups to use same email and then 'assign' usergroup for each website.

4) Last solution would be to use something else for username, but it would affect the current users on the livesite, which are an issue.

Any suggestions for this dilemma?

BR Marie Louise

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Marie,

The scenario you describe is a perfect candidate for Impersonation. But in this case you have to separate logins from customers.

You can create a single set of credentials for each Email, then create individual customer accounts for each unique customer number and connected them using impersonation.

In your case, testuser@email.com would be the username of the login and 123A and 123B would be customer accounts. testuser@email.com should then be able to impersonate the customer accounts.

This is the only way you can connect a set of credentials with multiple customer numbers.

I hope this helps.
Adrian 

Marie Louise Veigert

Hi Adiran,

Thanks - we are using impersonation as of right now connected by sales id. Sales people can impersonate their customers.
We also have a customer, who can impersonate other departments and buy for them. It takes some work to maintain and the client doesn't love the solution for their customers, but it sounds like the only solution.

And its not an option to have multible logins with username other than email and then have same email on those users? Does it conflict with reset password ?

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Marie,

Although it is not recommended to use the same email on multiple users, you can handle the Password recovery for the same email if you add an additional criteria in the reset request. Like the CustomerNumber.

You will have to use this settings on the Sign in module:

After you check the CustomerNumber field, the login form will display an additional field where the user can insert the value for the customer number.

Of course, all users sharing the same Email will receive all password reset messages. You might need to customize a bit the email message to display the customer number in a more obvious manner in order to avoid confusion.

Adrian

Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

An alternative is to add a shopid on the user - that is also supported for login and password recovery.

Shopid in this context is meant as different companies in the ERP

Votes for this answer: 1

Marie Louise Veigert

Thanks for the suggestions. I will discuss this with the customer :)

Marie Louise Veigert

Are there an option for login with multiple parameters as well?

If I use shopID as an hidden field and then being able to login with the email even though the username needs to be something else?

You must be logged in to post in the forum