Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Missing OData provider

Missing OData provider

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi,

I'm using DW 9.15.3 and setting up connection to BC through Endpoint Management, but when setting up a corresponding Data Integration activity, I'm not able to select OData provider as my destination/target provider.

I'm using OData v4. Is it dependent of a setting or am I missing something?

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Replies

Rasmus Sanggaard Dynamicweb Employee
Rasmus Sanggaard
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

The OData provider has changed quite a bit compared to the older OData provider (before 0.2.25).

The new OData provider is a merge between the endpoint provider and the old OData provider, it’s able to connect to any OData API and can act as both source and destination for import/export job. 

So, for import job, you need to use OData provider as source for fetching the data and a DW provider (e.g., ecom provider) for writing the data to the DW database. 

The new OData provider has some licensing applied, so you need a BC/F&O license to use it. 

Which error are you getting? We have had some licensing bugs, which have been fixed in the latest version (0.2.6).

Best regards
Rasmus Sanggaard

Votes for this answer: 1

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Rasmus,

Thank you for your quick response.

I guess it all comes down to the change in the OData provider, compared to the documentation (https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-framework-old-structure/odata/odata-v4-object-types#sideNavTitle1-17-1) and maybe also licensing issues.

We will take another path to solve it, thank you :)

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

You must be logged in to post in the forum