Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Intermittent BC14 OrdersPut issue

Intermittent BC14 OrdersPut issue

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

At a certain customer every once in a while (few times per month) and order does not arrive in BC14.

The log then shows:

When the order is then sent to ERP manually via the backend it does get correctly added to ERP.

It seems (after a lot of watching logs) that there is no clear cause.

Is it possible to detect this and build a retry loop in some way? My assumption being that if I retry manually a few minutes later and it is succesful, this would also work automatically.

Thanks,

Justin

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Justin,
yes, you can find out what the cause of the error was by looking into the BC14 server Windows Event viewer logs on the date that is shown in your Live integration log,
so there must be some error with explanation why it failed. Also the Live log should contain that message with response content, but it will only be logged if the Log requests and response content checkbox is ON.
Also there is a possibility to setup the scheduled task that can export not exported orders to BC usding the ""Sync queued orders using Dynamicweb Live Integration"" addin
BR, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Justin,

You may want to consider always and only using the Scheduled task:

• You need the scheduled task for when the connection fails
  • By not immediatly syncing to the ERP, the Order Confirmation page is not help hostage waiting for a slow ERP response (when the connection is slow and/or timing out)
  • Although it's not doing that today, but in the future it could be possible to communicate orders in bulk using up a single communication to BC, instead of one per order (so it's also more scalable for large volumes of orders)
  • The only thing you loose is the knowledge that the order was immediately synced to the ERP

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Votes for this answer: 1

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hey Dmitriy,

(Also Nunu thanks for your reply :-)) 

I would like to give using the  ""Sync queued orders using Dynamicweb Live Integration"" addin a try. 

However it is not in my list of add-ins, is it something I should add manually to be available in the scheduled tasks?

Thanks,

Justin

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Justin,
it comes together with our Live integration 7.2.* and it is available in the Settings -> Integration -> Integration Framework Batch section.
BR, Dmitrij

You must be logged in to post in the forum