Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Handle orderline discount on the orderline instead of separate orderline

Handle orderline discount on the orderline instead of separate orderline

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Is there a default option to merge the orderline disccount on the orderline instead of a separate orderline?

I am talking specifically about integration with NAV but the question is valid for other integrations too.

I see that we have now a few new columns on the orderline that seems to target this functionality but I am not aware if the functionality exists already or it will be introduced soon.

Thank you,
Adrian 

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Adrian,

Can you give two examples of an order: one with split orderlines/discount lines, and one merged as you'd like it to be (just to make sure we're on the same page)?

And are we talking discount orderlines produced by DW or ERP?

/Snedker

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

I believe that my description was not explicit enough.

DW by default stores a separate orderline for discount, with a different orderline type.
We have received a request from one of our projects to store (and send to the ERP) the discount as a property of the product orderline instead of a separate orderline.
And since I have noticed a few new fields:

I was wondering if this is maybe a new feature.

Does it make sense?

Thank you,
Adrian

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga

Hi Adrian

I beliew this is possible with customization as Orderline.TotalDiscount.PriceWithoutVAT   and PriceWithVAT  properties are available to set.

but make sure you disable Dynamicweb discount Calculation, otherwise this is overwrite.

You must be logged in to post in the forum