Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Export orders to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations using OData V4

Export orders to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations using OData V4

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

I need to export orders from Dynamicweb to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations using OData V4. I have been looking around in the documentation here on the Doc site regarding this issue but can't figure out if it is possible and how to do it in practice. You have a lot of documention about using OData but I'm not sure if it's possible (export orders from Dynamicweb to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations using OData V4) and if it is which approach I should use? Can some one point me in the right direction (which article(s) here on the doc site can I use). Thank you

Replies

Matthias Sebastian Sort Dynamicweb Employee
Matthias Sebastian Sort

Hi Lars,

Our current implementation of OData only support export to BC at the moment :(

We are working on the solution to support F&O, but I am not sure when this will be ready for use.

But when it's ready for use, you'll need to use Endpoint Provider as destination.

BR

Matthias Sort

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Matthias

Oh I see. I just thought there was a chance when I saw this:

Screenshot_2022-05-18_152922.png

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Lars

V4 is a BC specific addon to the general OData implementation. It reads and understands data format.

You can use the 'raw' odata integration to connect to any Odata source: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-framework/data-integration-activities/odata-api-how-to

Votes for this answer: 1

Matthias Sebastian Sort

Yeah, so to make it more clear.. We have an OData Provider who supports all types of imports from BC, F&O and CRM and when it's used as a SourceProvider it only supports export to BC.. you could try with a different provider as source, such as Dynamicweb Provider and select the Endpoint Provider as destination and see if this can help you out? :)

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Matthias

You wrote: "We have an OData Provider who supports all types of imports from BC, F&O and CRM and when it's used as a SourceProvider it only supports export to BC". Don't you mean "Destination provider" when used for export to e.g. F&O? I mean when exporting the OData part would be on the distination side. Is there something here I have missed?

Matthias Sebastian Sort

well.. maybe it's confusing.. but the Endpoint Provider is the connection to/from the ERP. So if you want to import data you select the Endpoint Provider as "Source provider" and when you want to export data you select it as "Destination provider".

We have created the OData Provider to help with pre-mappings (and some other logic such as High Water Mark, delta, delete and others, but only works when using the combination of OData Provider and Endpoint Provider)..

So in theori you can select a different provider than the OData Provider, but then you need to map everything your selv, and don't have all the other functions available than what other provider you select..

Make sence? :)

You must be logged in to post in the forum