Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Error message with new default live integration

Error message with new default live integration

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I have a 9.10 project that has its own live integration. When using some functionality like the customer center we run into exceptions like this:

Note how it's failing on the logger; I guess because it doesn't have a settings file. However, I don't want to give it a settings file as I have my own. Deleting the assembly Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.DynamicwebLiveIntegration.dll immediately fixes my issue. But that's not a long term solution either as it'll come back on every upgrade and break the site without telling me at startup (it won't break until someone hits the customer center).

What should I do?

Thanks!

Imar

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Imar,
could you give more details and steps to reproduce that problem?
Are you using two Live integration dlls in the bin folder: an old one and a standard?
What is your settings file, have you got it by saving any instance using a new standard Live integration?
Kind regards, Dmitrij

Imar Spaanjaars

Hi Dmitriy,

Yes, I am using two DLLs; the new standard one and my own one built from source code. In the backend I see this when the two DLLs are present:

With the built-in file present, my frontend breaks with the error I showed earlier. When I take out the DLL the frontend works but then I get this when opening Settings | Integration | Integration Framework Live:

Could not load file or assembly 'Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.DynamicwebLiveIntegration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

I have one xml settings file under System\LiveIntegration. It's the one we also had before 9.10. 

I'll send you the URL of the problematic site (hosted on one of your servers) in case you want to take a look.

Thanks!

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Imar,
thx for the help, it is a bug, new tfs# 90690 is created to fix that and should be done soon.
Kind regards, Dmitrij

Imar Spaanjaars

That's good to hear! Thanks.

Imar

Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Imar,
this will be released in the next 9.10 hotfix, but if you need it quicker you can download the last Nuget package of Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.DynamicwebLiveIntegration 5.0.3
and check if it will solve your problem.
Kind regards, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum