Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Endpoint Management - help to select authentication type

Endpoint Management - help to select authentication type

Michael Knudsen

Hello forum,

- when I'm using the Dynamicweb TestTool locally with the below settings in config, all my test requests are working as expected (<tables version="1.2.0.17_NAV8.0.37874">), but if I want to use the SETTINGS > Integration > Endpoint Management in a DW9.13.1 what kind of 'Authentication' type should I choose to get it working? 

I have tried Basic and WebServiceAccessKey but testing the endpoint, it returns "Unable to connect to remote server". In both senarios have I tried the username with and without "MyDomain" but with same result.

PS. where does the Endpoint Management store the logs connected to the 'Test' button?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Michael,
maybe you need to try the Ntlm type where there is a Domain textbox and also set it on the NAV administration server settings.
Or maybe the problem is that you pass domain into Basic with wrong format. Could you try in this format:
username + @ + domain?
There is no logs storing for the Test tool requests.
BR, Dmitrij

Michael Knudsen

Evening Dmitriy,

- unfortunately none of your suggestions work, still the same error message: Unable to connect to the remote server

In the Basic authentication I used username formatted as: MyUsername@MyDomain? or MyUsername@MyDomain doesn't work.

Are there any logs, when I test from Endpoint Management ?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Can you try Basic with just user name and password without domain?
No, there are no logs in the Test tool.

Michael Knudsen

Hello Dmitriy,

- as I wrote in my post have I already tried the Basic:

"I have tried Basic and WebServiceAccessKey but testing the endpoint, it returns "Unable to connect to remote server". In both senarios have I tried the username with and without "MyDomain" but with same result."

Meanwhile have I tried to replicate the Authentication/Endpoint to a DW9.12.5 and a DW9.13.6 solution and it returns the same error: "Unable to connect to remote server" - but running the solution locally it surprising works!?

What can cause the integration to work locally, but not on the server?  The Endpoint have no White/blacklist of IP-addresses.

Br. Michael Knudsen

Nicolai Pedersen

Missing connection to the server? Can you ping the nav server? Is that port open on that box?

You must be logged in to post in the forum