Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Data integration with destination as Item Provider deletes items on other sites

Data integration with destination as Item Provider deletes items on other sites

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Forum,

Does anyone know how to solve this issue:

We have set up an integration job with the item provider as destination. In 'New items root page' we have set the root page to the Swedish language site.

We wish the job to clean up and remove missing items. But this deletes items in the parallel root page on the Danish website

The producer items on the Danish site after running the integration job to the Swedish site:

On the Swedish site I now have the items as expected, but if I run the job to the Danish root item it will then delete alle the items on the Swedish site....

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

The cleanup is probably not context aware - meaning it cleans up all the items - and not just those under the specified parent.... I'll have it confirmed.

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue on last DW9.10.11. Nicolai seems to be right. I've submitted new 3245 against the issue to research and fix it. Thanks.

BR, Oleg 

Helene Kjærbøl

Perfect - thanks :-)

Please let us know when you have a fix

BR Helene

Helene Kjærbøl

HI Forum,

Does anyone know of any alternative solutions for this?

BR Helene

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Oleg,

Do you have some sort of work around for this until we will have the fix?

Best regards, Anders

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Dear Anders.

I do not know an workaround. Actually, the issue is not bug since the functionality was never implemented in fact (3245 has been rejected). Now it's tracked by new created 3379 to implement cleanup context aware.

BR, Oleg QA  

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Oleg,

Do you know when this will be fixed? Otherwise we need to make a work around ourself.

Best regards,

Anders

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Helene and Anders,
this should be fixed, but it is not yet released as it requires QA and review, but you can now try the new version of the Item Provider dll 3.0.2 from here.
Let me know if that solves your problem.
BR, Dmitrij

You must be logged in to post in the forum