Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Data Integration - csv export - bug or feature

Data Integration - csv export - bug or feature

Kenneth Radoor

Hi.

Im trying to via Data Integration, to export some data from DW to a csv file using the CSV provider as destination.

I want the columns to be named differently as the column names in DW

instad of : ProductId, ProductName. I want MyId, MyName.

In the Setting of the job, I manually handle the mappings of the fields. And add the required Columns the to destination table, and ajust the mapping

The resulting CSV is not using the naming of the mapping, but returns the column names of the source

If i look at the xml with the setting for the job, the columns are writen as wanted in there.

If I try to use the XML provider as destination, and change to my requered column names, then the mapping is working as expected and i get a result like this.

<table tableName="EcomProducts">
    <item table="EcomProducts">
       <column columnName="MyName"><![CDATA[Prod 1]]></column>
      <column columnName="MyId"><![CDATA[PROD1]]></column>
    </item>
  </table>

Is this behaivor of the CSV provider a bug or a feature ?

Regards

Kenneth

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Kenneth,
I am not fully sure it is a bug, since it occured after manual intervention into a job xml mapping editing.
Can you use Excel provider instead?
Kind regards, Dmitrij

Kenneth Radoor

Hi.

No Excel provider is not an option :(

An i have not edited the Job xml. Just inspected it, to see if the destination column names i supplied was enteted in the job xml, and they are as expected there.

just not in the resulting CSV.

It should be a pretty easy thing to replicate.

BTW, im on DW 9.10.4

Regards, Kenneth

PS. the workaround could be to first have a job eg. DW Provider 2 XML provider, and map the new destination columns here.

And the have a job with XML provider to CSV provider. Then i get the result i want.

It just seems like an unnesesary extra step. And as we can add new destination column names, i do think it is a bug. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum