Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Collation Error in Endpoint Management Adding New Endpoint

Collation Error in Endpoint Management Adding New Endpoint

Shawn Tehini Dynamicweb Employee
Shawn Tehini

Hi, 

Building a new endpoint to associate with an authentican for a connection to F&O.  Getting the following error:

"Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Danish_Norwegian_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" in the equal to operation."

Version = 9.8.5

I have build the authentcation first and that created with out error.  I have no other endpoints created on this site.  

See attachements.

Has anyone run into this or found a way to resolve?

EndpointCollationError.JPG EndpointConfigurationPriorToError.JPG

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Shawn

It does sound like you somehow have a column on that table that has a different collation than the other columns or the table has different collation than the table or database. Could you please check that.

It could also be an issue related to SQL server in a replicated environment. But that is probably not the case...?

Check the collations on the table first - if that does not give you anything, let us know something about SQL version etc.

Thanks, Nicolai

Shawn Tehini

Hi, 

Thanks for the advice.  I did check the Collation on the sql db for both tables and all columns.  All are set to <database default> and the sql db default is Danish_Norwegian_CI_AS.  

The SQL version is:

SQL Server Management Studio 15.0.18206.0
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 15.0.1567.0
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.17763.1
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0 
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.17763.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
Operating System 10.0.17763

Can you explain further about what you mean regarding a SQL server in a replicated environment?  We did take a copy of a production site in this same sql server and duplicated to create the site which is erroring.  Does that trigger any further thoughts? 

Thanks, 
Shawn
EndpointCollationTables.JPG

Shawn Tehini

Hi Nicolai, 

We were able to confirm that this is occuring on sites hosted using an Azure database.  

So we found a work around to this, updated the collation using the below query.

USE master;  
GO  
ALTER DATABASE [site.com]  
COLLATE Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC;  
GO  

Were not sure the cascading consequences but our database had a default collation of Danish.  So it appears there is an issue using a Danish collation in an Azure database.  We will see how this work and if there are an negative side issues.  

Thanks, 
Shawn

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Shawn.

Ok, thanks. It is probably related to sql server default collation. Will try to look into it.

Dynamicweb Employee
Brian Zawistowski

Hi Nicolai,

I am seeing a similar problem on a database hosted on Azure when trying to add a property to a product in the PIM.  Unfortunately, changing the database collation did not solve the problem.  Do you have any ideas for resolving this issue?

You must be logged in to post in the forum