Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Changing input files result in full re-mapping

Changing input files result in full re-mapping

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

Is the behaviour seen here considered normal? or is there a way to preserve mapping from a previous version of a file

i.e we have a new CSV file, with some fields added, and want to add these fields in the import job, it seems we need to redefine the entire mapping, instead of just mapping the new fields?

https://app.screencast.com/9G0WlcCaOBlhL

Thanks,

Justin

Replies

Rasmus Sanggaard Dynamicweb Employee
Rasmus Sanggaard
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Justin, 

Thnx for the video. I don't know if the behavior is new, but I see the pain, we will look at a fix for this where it persists the mappings and just updates the schema in the job file. 

BR Rasmus

Votes for this answer: 1

Matthias Sebastian Sort Dynamicweb Employee
Matthias Sebastian Sort

Hi Justin,

I have one folowup question.

The way it currently works, is that the sourcetable(s) is generated out of the file-name(s), so if you have the new column inside a new file, but have not changed the name of the file, then it works just fine, as the source table name is identical and then DW can figure out to keep your mappings, but if you've change the name of the new file, then DW thinks it's a new table-mapping and therefor it clears everything and tries to map your source-column to destination-column who has the same name.

So my question is, you want DW to be able to detect your mappings with a new source table?

BR

Matthias Sort

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi Matthias,

You are absolutely right, I did not notice that actually in this instance the file name did change. 

We can probably scratch this, since allowing an update of a differently named tabel would probably be a solution for a non-problem, since the source file can easiliy be made to comply.

Thanks for the attention!

Justin

You must be logged in to post in the forum