Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Changing a Ecom Groups name does not refresh the navigation (friendly url)

Changing a Ecom Groups name does not refresh the navigation (friendly url)

Christian Ginnerup

Using a standard integration with XML provider/Ecom provider.

When an Ecom group changes its name, the Ecom navigation change the name on the item, but the friendly url doesn't refresh, and still uses the previous.

Is there a way to force the friendly url provider to refresh? Have tried, with no luck:

Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Common.Application.KillAll();
Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.Services.ProductGroups.ClearCache();
Dynamicweb.Frontend.UrlProviders.Handler.Reset();

Using Dynamicweb 9.7.2

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

The urls are loaded directly from database, so you do not need to reset the group cache.

Dynamicweb.Frontend.UrlProviders.Handler.Reset(); is the one to call.

That method though, will check if the URL index is currently rebuilding - and in previous versions, like the one you are using, that could happen too many times when integrating - because some of the services called by the integration would reset the index.

So my guess is that what is happening is that when you call Dynamicweb.Frontend.UrlProviders.Handler.Reset(); the urls are being rebuild from a previous reset made by the group service, and therefore does not trigger another reset.

So if you can somehow call the reset after i.e. 5 seconds after completed integration, it might do the trick. And do it in a way that does not block the thread, so async somehow.

I believe this has been fixed in later versions.

BR Nicolai

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

I experience this in 9.15.5. 

I have not tried to call Dynamicweb.Frontend.UrlProviders.Handler.Reset() yet. The problem is in a production environment where the customer is working on an addition website. Changed some of the names in eCom groups. But the URLs does not get updated. 

Regards /Aki

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Can you provide steps or video?

I cannot reproduce this...

You must be logged in to post in the forum