Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Visual Editor settings

Visual Editor settings

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

It would be great that in the Visual Editor we could have the following settings:

• "Accessibility"
    • Choose the adaptive behavior to render as a Mobile, Tablet or Desktop
  • Publication Period
    • Choose a date-time to simulate how the page would look at that particular date
  • Logged In user
    • To react to the permissions so we can see page as if I were logged in with a particular user

That would help immensively, because nowadays we need to teach our clients (and ourselves) to login with a particular user in the frontend to see some of the data in Visual Editor; mentally exclude some rows that are specific to Mobile and/or Desktop and "trust" that some will only show up/dissapear at the right time.

Knowing this can also be an issue if they forget what's selected and/or to reset settings, maybe some sort of reset button and/or have some sort of visual clue to identify the settings chosen. Resetting would default to what we currently have.

I got the idea from https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/ecommerce-standard-features/ecommerce-standard-features/selective-cart-isolation where the pageview's properties could be changed to accomodate.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Nuno

Thank you for the input. We will consider it. In DW10 the visual editor has preview buttons for device types - but not publication and permissions. I do not think the visual editor should have that - but previews could be an idea.

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

In hindsight, yes, a preview functionality is probably better idea to accomodate all of that, maybe even considering (maybe as Part 2) for ProductId or OrderId or anything like that. Maybe allowing a querystring to be inserted (getting a bit techy now - or unreasonable :P )

Thanks,

Nuno