Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Users and Groups on Payment Provider

Users and Groups on Payment Provider

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Similar to the Shipping Methods it would be great to have "Frontend Users and Groups" option when setting up Payment methods.

Use cases are:

• With multiple sites, user groups would be different per site
  • "Invoice" payment method is usually just available to a subset of users (or user groups)

With that option we'd avoid having to customize the checkout block for Payment methods.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I would like to add here a request to have a matrix-like approach when combining Payment and Shipping options for different types of users.
We have seen it in the past quite often and we always had to come up with creative approaches to handle it.

We have even seen situations where the Payment and Shipping options would come from the ERP integration for each user. I know this is wishful thinking but I am mentioning it in case you see the benefit of having it.

Thank you,

Adrian

Kevin Steffer
Kevin Steffer

We have even invented our own controls on website-settings for selecting different Shipping & Payment options per website.

That could be nice aswell.

-K

Nicolai Pedersen

@Adrian - can you ellaborate on matrix like approach? Meaning that a specific payment method selected will give you x, y, z shipping, but other shippings if you choose another payment?

@Kevin - why not use the settings that is on the cart app? See https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/ecommerce/apps/shopping-cart#2944

Thanks for clarifying.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

We have seen in the past that some payment methods would not make sense for specific shipping options.

Like you cannot Pay on Delivery if you pick up the package from a Locker.

A way to select "Allowed Payments" for a Shipping or "Allowed Shipping" for a Payment would be wonderful.

Of course, there will always be the question of which one is first. the Shipping method or the Payment method. And I think both options will be encountered which will make your life even harder when implementing this :)

And very often we have seen restrictions on the customers for both payment and shipping based on some settings on them like the credit or the number (or value) of opened orders. Of course, these settings might come from the ERP but sometimes you might be able to set them programmatically using some scheduled tas or manually on each User or UserGroup.

Another thing that is related to this request and has been requested before, is the ability to connect a payment or shipping method with the payment or shipping method from the ERP. Like an ExternalPaymentID for example. Nowadays, if we want to connect them, we cannot define them through the interface if we want to be able to use the PaymentID or ShippingID from the ERP.

Does it make sense?

Thank you,
Adrian

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi Adrian,

For this:

>> Another thing that is related to this request and has been requested before, is the ability to connect a payment or shipping method with the payment or shipping method from the ERP. Like an ExternalPaymentID for example. Nowadays, if we want to connect them, we cannot define them through the interface if we want to be able to use the PaymentID or ShippingID from the ERP.

check out any recent DWNA project. It has what we call "Custom provider fields" which is an combination of a custom item type and some extensions to Live Integration to allow for sending additional data about the selected payment and shipping option to the ERP.

Imar

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Imar,

The DWNA project sounds interesting - where can we find that?

Best regards, Anders

Imar Spaanjaars

It's something we built in-house at Dynamicweb North America and is currently only available for our internal projects. I can see of I can dig something up.

Imar Spaanjaars

If you send me an email at my firstname @ lastname .com I can send you what we have and provide a short explanation. It does depend on the extensibility hook Notifications.LiveIntegration.Orders.OnAfterRenderOrderXml that has been added in LI2 although you could make it work without that.

Imar