Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Track and Trace name for Orders/Invoices

Track and Trace name for Orders/Invoices

Fabio Monte

Hi

We had a request from a customer to display the track and trace name in the list of invoices and detail. Checking the template tags, we only have the Ecom:Order.TrackTraceNumber and the Ecom:Order.TrackTraceURL and it would be useful to also have the Track and Trace Name available as that would be the anchor text.

Everything related to tracking is available in tags (Url, number and parameters) but the Name is missing. Can you make that available in a next release?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Fabio

TFS#76369, out with next Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.dll for 9.8

BR Nicolai

Fabio Monte

That's good to know.

Thank you for the info Nicolai

Fabio Monte

Hi Nicolai

We tried to use the TrackAndTrackName tag in the 9.8.2 version but it isn't working yet.

Is the fix coming out in a new release?

Nicolai Pedersen

The tag is called Ecom:Order.TrackTraceName

If you update from UI in backend, the name is not added to the order. That will be fixed with next 9.8.* release.

If you integrate the information, it is available.

Fabio Monte

"If you integrate the information, it is available."

The Tracking information is coming from Integration but it still isn't available, unless you were refering to something different?

Fabio Monte

We are still on the dark on this. For the solution that needs this, it is currently version 9.8.3 but the Ecom:Order.TrackTraceName is still returning empty...is the info going to be available on the 9.8.4 release?

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, in 9.8.4

Fabio Monte

Thank you for the info Nicolai

Fabio Monte

Hi Nicolai

This tag is still coming empty as you can see from the screen dump.

Did you meant to say this is going to be released on the 9.8.5 version instead?

TrackAndTrace.png

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Fabio,

I've checked the feature with order details and order flow email notification on solution has simple design and based on last DW9.8.4. As far I can see it works properly - proof. Note existing order should be resaved in backend to fill the tag by name of first T&T configuration in list at least. 

BR, Oleg QA

Fabio Monte

Thanks Oleg

We wanted it to be available LedgerEntries loop or even the Orders loop but it's still not available in both loops even saving the order again in the backend...I guess it's only available in the order details?

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Fabio,

Oh, yup, I see the issue in the loops rendering. It's now bugged by TFS 78525 has been created. Sorry for inconvenience. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Fabio

The TFS #78525 correction regarding Loops rendering is implemented in Dynamicweb 9.8.5 version

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Fabio Monte

Thanks, working fine yes