Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Request for calendar selector to be able to go further back than 1900

Request for calendar selector to be able to go further back than 1900

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

A very unusual request i am aware, but we have a client who wants to be able to register data on itemtypes of the type date, and some of the dates go further back than 1900 wich is the default limit. Would it be possible for you to make it go further back in a coming update?

BR

Hans

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

TFS#40192 coming up.

/GlobalSettings/Settings/Calendar/StartYear = sets the start year, i.e. 1850
/GlobalSettings/Settings/Calendar/AddToEndYear = 10 sets the end year add on = now.year + 10

Will do that

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Ok perfect Nicolai :)

this is not something i can control if i donĀ“t have access to globalsettings file, correct?

I can see it from settings in backend, but I can not edit it, is that correct?

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hi Hans,

You are able to change globalsettings from the backend here: https://www.screencast.com/t/3341ZvUUk9

Best regards, Anders

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi Anders

Thanx for the reply. Yes, I found that one - but the setting Nicolai is referring to is not in the list, and it i can not crete new settings?

BR

Hans

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Hi Hans,

You have to wait for DW to release a new version as this is not in the current versions.

Best regards, Anders

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

@Nicolai, i still can not see this option on a solution running 9.5+

/Hans

Nicolai Pedersen

There is nothing to see. You have to edit the globalsettings file yourself and add that key manually.

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Nicolai, I was expecting to be available in Settings/System/Global Settings

Can you please make it accessible from there?

/Hans

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

As Nicolai said, you can't do it through the UI, you need to add it to the file directly. Just open GlobalSettings.aspx and add the key yourself. Then it'll show up in the backend also.

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Note: You should avoid setting the StartYear to a number lower than 1753. Dates are stored in datetime columns in the database, which can only handle dates within the year range 1753-9999.