Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Rapido UI design kit for Adobe XD

Rapido UI design kit for Adobe XD

Martin Grønbekk Moen
Martin Grønbekk Moen

Would love for someone a bit better than me at this to make a design kit for DW to use in Adobe XD.
https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/resources.html

5 beers on me during the next DW Summit for the one making this :)

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Martin

Yes, that would be awesome - and extensive to keep up to date! Can I ask how you would want to use them?

You also already have an option to setup a Rapido and do screenshots for quotes etc using the wireframe mode: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/configuration/website-settings-tabs/settings#7869 which are always up-to-date.

Also if you (EG) is a Rapido partner you have access to extensive documentation and solution descriptions with all the features from https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/methodology

BR Nicolai

Martin Grønbekk Moen
Martin Grønbekk Moen

I know it would be extensive to both make and keep up, thats why im paying others in the form of alchoholic beverages to do it :)

I also know we have access to the Rapido documentation, and the whole Rapido implementation process (methodology). We have started to use it now, and really love it so far.
There is no problem in using the built-in wireframe mode in Rapido either, and it is actually a pretty great tool.

But still making fast prototypes in a tool like Adobe XD or Sketch is faster, and making quick changes without logging into DW/Rapido is important.
We sometimes use people not skilled in DW to make prototypes, and since they dont know how Rapido works, but still should be able to design prototypes within the constraints of Rapido, it is important to use tools like Adobe XD.

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Martin

Thank you of the explanation.

One of the core ideas of Rapido is to avoid prototypes that comes from other tools and include details and features in the solution description which are not supported - because that is what is causing bad quotes. Another core idea of Rapido is to propose what Rapido can do out of the box and not make Rapido do what was proposed. That is spot on why it works as it does and why the process documents are as they are...

Anyways - thank you for the idea, we will consider it.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Martin,

I agree with your opinion on this. I can definitely see some benefit out of it but it will certainly be a nightmare to maintain.

I was considering it for our internal purpose as well.

I might accept your challenge since the prize is soooo appealling :)

I will discuss it with my team and see if we can include it on our tasklist.

Adrian

Martin Grønbekk Moen
Martin Grønbekk Moen

I accept your idea, and I also mention that it is meant for creating prototypes within the constraints of Rapido, thats why it would be great to have a design kit that support this.

I do love the idea of Rapido and the way it give a lot of options, but still put restraints on what is possible within best practices.
But by saying "... propose what Rapido can do out of the box and not make Rapido do what was proposed ..." sort of sounds like there is only one way of doing things, and this way of doing things is the best way, period.

By making a design kit available, we can proptype some UX that might in some case be missing in the Rapido mix, but also "god forbidden" be straight out better than how it is. In that way we might be able to help propose new and maybe better UX for Rapido, by having the freedom to mix design elements from Rapido, and other elements.

Dont get me wrong, we love Rapido, and would like to use it for 100% of the project, but sometimes there is a project that require some degree of separation from Rapido. In those cases it would be good to have this UI design kit.