Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Possibility to define the from email on all email notifications from DW

Possibility to define the from email on all email notifications from DW

Claus Kølbæk
Claus Kølbæk

Hey

System email notifications sent from Dynamicweb (like from pim, regarding banned ips and such) are always sent from a @dynamicweb address, could we get a field somewere in settings where we can define this address? My issue is that we set up a smtp server for the solution and allow only emails from certain domains, and it requires settings set up on the dns, which I expect you would rather not have set up on your domain :)

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Claus,

You can specify the email address in Settings > Solution settings.

Best regards,
Morten

Claus Kølbæk
Claus Kølbæk

Hej Morten

Sorry for the delay, but that is not working for everything sadly. fx the having set that email adress set up, still causes some system mails to be sent from noreply@dynamicweb.dk.

An example is if u set up a notification on the new Eventviewer notification for dw cloud solutions - currently we are not recieving the notifications as they are being sent from the above mentioned email adress.

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

In 9.7 this was fixed. See release notes.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG
Votes for this answer: 1

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

We have set up some PIM Notifications and modified the email in Settings > Solution Settings but the emails are still sent from "noreply@dynamicweb.dk.". Are there separate settings for PIM notifications somewhere?

Regards / Aki

Morten Bengtson

Hi Aki,

You can specify the sender address on each notification in PIM.

Go to Settings > PIM > Workflow and edit the notifications for each workflow state.

I will ask the product manager if this can be simplified so that sender information is not required and will fallback to the email specified in Settings > System > Solution settings

Best regards,
Morten

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

I'm dont mean workflows. In PIM there is a general node for PIM Notifications. (See screenshot). Those are not connected to any workflow.

Regards / Aki

PIM-notification.png

Morten Bengtson

Oh, my bad. I can see that for some reason the sender email is hard coded in the scheduled task add-in which handles the PIM notifications.

I will ask someone to take a look at that asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Morten

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Alright. Thanks Morten. 

/Aki