Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Image pattern on image categories, PDF's and videos

Image pattern on image categories, PDF's and videos

Kristoffer Krusborg Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Kristoffer Krusborg Jensen

Hi! 

I would like to suggest the option to apply an image pattern pr. image category, in line with the functionality of the improved image pattern. This would greatly complement the image structure in PIM, and provide improved overview in solutions with a high amount of SKU's. 

In addition I suggest applying an option for creating a pattern to the Asset management of 9.8, allowing for automation of videos and PDF's as well. 

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1

I would also add that some projects will need the option to store images/resources in the database in order to make them available via feeds or other purposes.

I know that the official recommendation (at least for older versions od DW) was to store images in the database as opposed to using the patterns. It would be useful to have both. MEaning that maybe there can be a script/crawler updating the information in the database based on the patterns. This could run after every full product index. This way it is easy for admins to add images to products without having to add them one by one and we have them available in the database for other uses.
Maybe it is similar with how ItemDefinitions are sync between Filed and Database.

Thank you,
Adrian

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi 

I have created Feature, with the wishes to functionality in our developer Backlog. (it's not prioritized yet)

/Søren

Votes for this answer: 1