Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Event Viewer logging

Event Viewer logging

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Would it be possible to include the page or the scheduled task that creates the logs? It can be very difficult to find the offending page if you are having razor compilation errors or the job that is timing out if you have a lot of scheduled tasks.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Terri

We've added more information recently and you will get even more in 9.6, i.e. if Razor template compilation errors happen, you get full stack, template name and URL in the log.

If you have specific types of entries, I would like to know its exact name so we can ensure sufficient logging. I.e. I am not sure we have scheduled task name yet.

How do you like Event viewer so far? Other things missing?

Thank you for the input!

BR Nicolai

Terri Donahue
Terri Donahue

Hi Nicolai,

I really like it but for us it is extremely chatty. :) I found myself trying to use it last night to look into a site down issue and was bummed that it isn't available in that solution. If the scheduled task name that caused the error, say a thread aborted error, could also be logged, that would be very helpful. I do also like the icons beside tasks now that show the latest status. Makes it easy to do a quick look at our 20+ scheduled jobs to see the health (at least of the last run).

Thanks,
Terri