Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Email marketing - Context specific document attachments

Email marketing - Context specific document attachments

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

We have received a request to extend the functionality of "Email Marketing" by allowing the attachment of documents based on the context (User).

I am not sure if this can be solved already using existing functionality or existing extension points in the code. I just think that it would be a good addition to the functionalities of the Email Marketing module.

If there are ways of accomplishing this before it makes it to the standard functionality (if ever) I would be more than happy to hear them.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Have you considered linking to a page where the authenticated user can download the relevant documents instead?
Sending unique documents to each and every recipient out of thousands of recipients will be quite slow and there is a risk that those emails will not reach the recipients due to spam filters, server limitations, etc.

/Morten

Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

I did. But in this case, I am talking about recipients that are not supposed to log in. Contract holders, for example, have to receive documents specific to their contract changes (Pricelist changes, new notifications, etc).

But it can also be related to other types of documents. Like a warranty sheet after a purchase.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
It is not possible and we will not add it.

You can probably hook into one of the notifications and attach your documents based on the recipient.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I believe I can do that. Any suggestion for the right Notification?

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Adrian Ursu

Very good!

Thank you very much.

Adrian