Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Discounts only for Anonymous and B2C

Discounts only for Anonymous and B2C

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

Dear Dynamicweb,

We are missing a feature in the discount handling to specify that the discount only should apply to anonymous users, and at the same time it will be great, if this can be combined with a specific user group as some of the users may have created a B2C account on the shop which should also have access to the discount.

Best regards,

Anders

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+100

Martin Moen

+1000

Anyone found a solution to this?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Martin,

In our case we had to develop a discount Extender as this separation is currently not possible.

Adrian

Martin Moen

One of our main problems was that B2B customers received a discount on top of their custom (discounted) prices.
They did that because the discounts created was applied to all products, since it was ment to be used only for anonymous/B2C customers.

We solved this now by creating a product discount with:

• 0 % discount (to null out the B2C discounts)
  • Priority 1 (so that it runs first)
  • Checked "Stop further rules processing" (so that only this discount is used)
  • Added the user group for B2B customers (so that only logged in B2B customers triggered the "discount")

But still, it would be great to have the option to say that discounts only apply to anonymous users.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Marticn,

I agree. The option to assign a discount only to anonymous users would be useful.

I believe there have been a couple of requests for this functionality in the past. I know I have made one of them :)

Adrian