Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Discount options

Discount options

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

A have a few suggestions/requests for the Order Discounts:

• Add a user selector much like Email Marketing, instead of specific field for user and user group
    This will add flexibility to assign multiple users or multiple groups or even a user query

• Ability to set more than 1 product as "discount value"
    Customers tend to ask for the ability to offer more than 1 product at the same time. Although we could set discounts to be aggregated and have multiple discounts configured, there are other considerations with aggregated, and it does not make sense from the UX POV.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

@1:

This is not going to happen as you cannot limit yourself and the system will break after you added 350.000 users to the discount.... I know at least a couple of you devils out there that would do it :-).

So instead you have to make a group, assign that to the discount, and add users to that group. Maybe even using a smartsearch. = Performance is much better...

@2:

Maybe use a bundle/BOM?

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

1. Good point about performance. I can live with a Smart Search, but as far as I can tell, this is not currently possible, correct?

2. Ah... Now that you say that, it's not the 1st time I hear it. Thanks for the reminder.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

@1: Yes it is. Create the smart search, create a group, add a smartsearch to the group... Voila!

Nuno Aguiar

Ahhh yes I was forgetting about that, specially the fact that the group members can be updated through a scheduled task

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/cms-standard-features/cms-standard-features/user-group-based-on-smart-search

Thanks a lot,

Nuno Aguiar