Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Consolidated interface for managing product Comments

Consolidated interface for managing product Comments

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I would like to suggest adding a consolidated management interface for Product Reviews and Comments.

The way it is set up now, the admin would have to go in each individual product for approving comments and this is not exactly efficient.

Also, the comments object should be extended to support either product or page comments.

Right now, we have used several workarounds but none of them seems a viable long-term option. We need a solution that could scale up nicely with large volumes of comments or ratings.

I know implementing an external comment/rating system is an option but I would rather have the data in our system than send it over to other systems.

Thank you,
Adrian   

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

+1 I have asked for that a few times in the past but it hasn't happened yet. I agree that there are work arounds, but they are far from ideal...

Anders Ebdrup
Anders Ebdrup

+1

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi guys

This central administration of comments and rating have been implemented and will be out in 9.9 in August. There will be a product specific administration in the Ecommerce/Catalog tree and one for all comments in the marketing section. See dumps

Comments work for both pages, products and anything else in the system already.

Also antispam feature has been added to the create comment in frontend feature.

BR Nicolai

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
Votes for this answer: 1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you very much. We are looking forward to seeing it in action.

Thank you,
Adrian