Developer forum

Forum » Feature requests » Assortments by website

Assortments by website

Adrian Ursu
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Would it make sense to have a way to assign an assortment to a website? Just like you select the Shop on the website settings. Or define the Website in the Assortment definition?

The main reason behind the request is that we don't have a way to differentiate Anonymous users by a website.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve (instead of how you want to solve it) - there might be other ways of doing it...

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

My customer wants to display a separate range of products by website. Sometimes, it's easy to solve it by having a totally separate Group structure. But sometimes it might need to be more granular, especially when you have 2 websites with combined B2B/B2C behavior and segmented product range (meaning you have to use assortments anyway).

We have solved it in the past by using separate Ecom groups or by having a product property on the product. But it seems harder to maintain.

We can probably still manage it the same way but it might be less controllable without assortments. 

If you don't see any value in this approach, I won't insist as I imagine somebody else having a similar situation might have suggested it already by now.

If you need a more detailed use case, I can provide it.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum