Hi

This would be very useful right now, but it is not allowed (see attachment) -

/Hans

Skærmbillede_2020-03-03_kl._10.05.34.png

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Hans,

If that worked then it would generate new images all the time.

You have created and modified timestamps on the image file itself. Why do you need this in the file name? When is that useful?

/Morten

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

In this case,  the images are being transferred to local server regularly after upload - but I need to maintain a path to the file in the email sent to the owner of the webiste - so they can access the file. Problem occurs, if a new file is uploaded after the file has been transferred, the link will break- because ofcoruse it´s not possible to have same filename in the same folder.

So some way of adding a datestamp postfix to the filename would solve this.

/Hans

Morten Bengtson

This sounds more like a file synchronization issue and not really something that is related to the image files generated by Dynamicweb.

You are transferring images from server A to server B. I don't understand why links in the email are broken when a new file is uploaded.

Can you provide more details / examples? Maybe there is a better solution.

/Morten

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

It is a bit of a rare case, but this is what happens.

when form is submitted, the attached image gets the title image.jpg

This is also written in the mail sent to the website owner.

Now, after a couple of days, the file image.jpg gets transferred from the Dynamicweb folder, to the local server.

After the file has been transferred, another visitor fills out the form and uploads an image with the same filename. As dynamicweb no longer holds the original file, it doesn´t know that it should give it a new name to avoid conflict.

This is when the problem starts both with the overriding when transferring to local server and/or linking to wrong file in the initial form email.

Due to privacy and security, they don´t want to keep the files on Dynamicweb. A totally different question, that might help this matter - is. Is it possible to set up a scheduled tasks that delets files in a certain folder, if the files are older than eg. 30 days?

/Hans

Morten Bengtson

Oh, so this is related to file uploads in front end. I guess the real feature request is about ensuring unique names/paths for files uploaded through the Forms app? Unique names/paths could be based on timestamp, form submit id or a guid.

Image settings are for automated resize/cropping of uploaded images so it does not seem like the right tool for the job.

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Correct Morten

for the time being, I have solved it like this https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/cms-standard-features/alter/change-filename-on-upload-through-forms-for-editors?PID=1605

/Hans