Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Voucher List Email Sent Records

Voucher List Email Sent Records

Aye Nyein Myat Dynamicweb Employee
Aye Nyein Myat
Hi All, 

After I sent emails regarding vouchers from the voucher list to the specific user group which has total 4 members in the group, only one voucher code appeared with status 'Sent' and the email address that the voucher code was recevied.  But when I checked for each email address of 4 memebers in the group, all the emails received the random voucher codes. But these voucher codes are not showing any information that the email was sent to these email address and there is only one record that showed the email was sent. However, this record is also not showing the correct email address that the code was received.

Please refer to the following loom record:

https://www.loom.com/share/1bd1f762739b4740a07253dff3c0cde2

Can you please advise regarding this? 

Thank you!

Best Regards, 
Nyein

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

The bug is reproduced on last DW971 as well. New TFS 70295 has been submitted, will be fixed in upcoming release. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Aye

The problem regarding #70295 "Wrong voucher list email sent records to user group" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb hotfix version 9.7.3

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Khaing May Thaw

Dear all,

May I ask one thing related with 'Sent' voucher to specifi users.

As per the above image, I had sent the voucher codes to the specific users. 

Those codes are able to use by other users also.

Could someone please advise on it?
Should it work on only a specific user or any user?

BR,

MT.

Nicolai Pedersen

Anyone with the code can use it - if they can guess it.

Yoon Peti Nwe Dynamicweb Employee
Yoon Peti Nwe

Dear Sir,

I would like to ask one thing which is related to the voucher renderer App.

In one of our project, the customer is having the scenario like every birthday month they wanted to give the voucher code to their customer and that code should be able to use one time by one person exactly. Meaning to say same voucher code should not be able to use by the customer who have same birthday month.

Therefore, we are using SmartSearch and Email Marketing with voucher renderer App to fulfil this requirement. And I was facing 2 main special issue by using this:

1. The voucher renderer app generate the voucher code whenever I edit the email, view the email, save the email even I am not sending the email yet to the customer.

2. Let's say I have 2 recipients in my group and when sending the email by scheduler, the 2 different code was generated but in the voucher list the "Sent To" person was not recorded therefore we are worrying about the abuse case like the recipient can share his code to his partner and they are also able to apply that code at the checkout. Not only "Sent To" but also "Order" number and voucher status are not changing.

Or could you please share with me what should be the intended configuration to meet the requirement?

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Yoon

The sent to is only recorded when you send out the code from within vouchers. We can add a feature request to also record who received it when using the context voucher renderer.

Even though the voucher code is not recorded on an email, the code can only be used once. The voucher code is not limited to the receiving email anyways - that check is not made either, so anyone with the code can use it as it is now. But if they forward the code, they cannot used it themselfes.

BR Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

New task 5830 has been submitted to implement the recording user's mail address and voucher status on using voucher app during sending.

BR, Oleg QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum