Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Validation errors take you back to Step 1

Validation errors take you back to Step 1

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi,

I have 'When re-entering the cart: Show first step' and when in Step 3, I try to submit my order and it fails, I'm sent back to Step 1. This doesn't happen if 'When re-entering the cart: Show last visited step' is selected.

But when you're submitting your order and it gives you an error, you're not re-entering cart and what makes sense to me is that you'd be sent to the page where the error is, in this case, Step 3. Instead, the user is forced to go through all the steps again and the errors don't even show in the step where they actually happened. By the time you get back to step 3, the errors are no longer showing.

See the repro here:

https://www.screencast.com/t/9KhrWKar

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Please, first of all have a look at the topic could help you to solve the issue. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi Oleg,

The topic you shared, the problem seems to be the errors. In my case, the issue isn't the errors, I know how to solve them, the issue is that when I get an error in Step 3, I get sent back to Step 1, instead of staying in Step 3 where the errors are.

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Bump

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Please, confirm you use DW admin version 9.7.4 and up as I've mentioned in the related topic (+ last Rapido 3.2.1 if your solution use the template set). Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

Do you have a TFS number for this? I want to see the changeset associated with it, since we are currently not be able to just update this solution (I will recreate the changes to the Rapido files).

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

I am using 9.7.2, but as I said previously, it doesn't seem like the issue in the related topic has anything to do with the issue I'm reporting here.

I read the thread again and it seems to be like the issue reported there is the error itself that was stopping the person who reported it from finishing an order.

I don't have a problem with the errors, the error on the repro was done on purpose to show how when I got an error, instead of staying in the same page where the error happened, I got sent back to Step 1.

Oleg Rodionov

Hi all,

TFS 70694. It was created against issues with step validation and return back to step 1 in cart, fixed on DW9.7.4 (Dynamicweb.Ecommerce 1.7.28) as I've mentioned before.

BR, Oleg QA 

You must be logged in to post in the forum