Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Validation errors take you back to Step 1

Validation errors take you back to Step 1

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi,

I have 'When re-entering the cart: Show first step' and when in Step 3, I try to submit my order and it fails, I'm sent back to Step 1. This doesn't happen if 'When re-entering the cart: Show last visited step' is selected.

But when you're submitting your order and it gives you an error, you're not re-entering cart and what makes sense to me is that you'd be sent to the page where the error is, in this case, Step 3. Instead, the user is forced to go through all the steps again and the errors don't even show in the step where they actually happened. By the time you get back to step 3, the errors are no longer showing.

See the repro here:

https://www.screencast.com/t/9KhrWKar

Replies

Oleg Rodionov
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Please, first of all have a look at the topic could help you to solve the issue. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi Oleg,

The topic you shared, the problem seems to be the errors. In my case, the issue isn't the errors, I know how to solve them, the issue is that when I get an error in Step 3, I get sent back to Step 1, instead of staying in Step 3 where the errors are.

You must be logged in to post in the forum