Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » UOM Conversation factor

UOM Conversation factor

Tan Pang Lin Dynamicweb Employee
Tan Pang Lin

Hi

This is with regard to B2B senario with integration to ERP system.

I would like to check does DW support UOM conversion factor?

In ERP system,   there is a UOM conversion factor which define for example

based unit is EA,   

1 CTN = 100 EA

1 BOX = 24 EA

The stock level in ERP system is kept at based unit only and this will bring from ERP to DW.      If currently,  there are 100 EA,  which means in ERP system I can sell one of the following

100 EA or

1 CTN or

4 Box

The customer do not want LIVE stock check.   Hence,  for this case,  what is the best way of handling stock level in DW?

Scenario 1,   1 EA was sold,  hence,  the current stock level will left with  99 EA,  0 CTN and 4 box.   In the front end,  B2B user should not allow to choose UOM CTN

Scenario 2,  if another 4 EA was sold,  hence the current stock level will left with 95 EA, 0 CTN and 3 box.   In the front end,  B2B user should not allow to choose UOM CTN

Scenarion 3,  if another 3 Box was sold,  hence the current stock level will left with 23 EA,  0 CTN and 0 Box.  In the front end,  B2B user shold not allow to choose UOM CTN or BOX.

May I know what is the best way to "cusotmized" this type of scenario.

Thanks

Pang Lin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Pang Lin

Dynamicweb does not have a feature to control conversions between different units. DW has a stock level for each type of unit.

So only solution is to do the conversion in integration and import the converted UOM levels for each UOM.

BR Nicolai

Tan Pang Lin Dynamicweb Employee
Tan Pang Lin

Dear Nicolai

If we will to do this in integration,  then the only option is to have LIVE stock check right?

Otherwise,  the stock will become more right after bring over from ERP to DW?

Also,  not all UOM conversion will be the same for each and every product,  may I know would it be possible to have this feature added?

Thanks

Pang Lin

You must be logged in to post in the forum