Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Track and Trace in Order Details

Track and Trace in Order Details

Stephen Anthony Jackson

Hi. I want to activate Track and Trace based on an ID which will come back from the ERP when the shipping has been ordered. I have created a shipping method, with provider "none" (the shipping is dealt with by the ERP), and a track and trace called the same as the shipping provider. When I get a tracking number (which is a very long string of numbers), I want to place it somewhere appropriate so it gets tacked on to the end of the URL in the track and trace definition, and then displayed in the order status.

I cannot figure out which column to use for this in EcomOrders. The trackandtraceid is an integer, which I assume refers to the ID of the trackandtrace definition. And the parameters I assume will contain the trackingnumber. What format will that be in? Does someone have an example

Lastly, does swift have a default way of showing the track and trace info, when it is present, or does it need to be enabled?

Cheers

//Steve 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Stephen

On the order you have TrackTraceNumber which is a string which you can use for the number coming from ERP. Combine it with the trackandtraceid from your created track and trace in DW.

Currently it is only the email that contains the track and trace number.

You can add it using @GetString("Ecom:Order.TrackTraceNumber") in your  Files\Templates\Designs\Swift\eCom\CustomerExperienceCenter\OrderDetails.cshtml template

BR Nicolai

Stephen Anthony Jackson

Thanks Nicolai!

You must be logged in to post in the forum