Developer forum

Forum » Ecommerce - Standard features » Top level groups sorting order with Assortments

Top level groups sorting order with Assortments

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

I have a project where the top level ecom groups have been sorted in a very specific way. We have assortments activated and when using ecom navigation, the groups seem to be rendered in an alphabetical order instead of the order whey are in the backend. And in the XML I have nothing to refer back to the backend sorting order.

Is this by design or a bug? Any idea how I could solve this?

I am using 9.4.18

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Had a similar issue and I think we solved it by publishing "Selected groups" as part of the Ecom navigation instead of an entire shop. That allowed me to pick the top level groups in a specific order. That obviously won't be enough if your sorting is different within each assortment.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Imar,

I had tried that with no luck. Additionally my Assortments setup contains no groups, it's all product driven (in other words, there's product custom field that if X, belongs to Assortment A, if different than X, belongs to Assortment B). So I don't even need the assortment navigation provider, but I can't turn it off either when I have Assortments enabled.

I guess I am stuck for the time being. Unless you or anybody else have another idea?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Imar,

I had tried that with no luck. Additionally my Assortments setup contains no groups, it's all product driven (in other words, there's product custom field that if X, belongs to Assortment A, if different than X, belongs to Assortment B). So I don't even need the assortment navigation provider, but I can't turn it off either when I have Assortments enabled.

I guess I am stuck for the time being. Unless you or anybody else have another idea?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum